Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Ache Blue system
Forum: Non-English
Last Post: MTO-Mareuil
Yesterday, 14:00
» Replies: 1
» Views: 250
Question about Blitzortun...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: melissasmith
2024-05-08, 08:03
» Replies: 0
» Views: 139
Purchase of the BLUE or R...
Last Post: slawko1616
2024-05-07, 12:35
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,674
Lightning block not showi...
Last Post: ramiroflores
2024-05-07, 06:50
» Views: 109
Detected Lightning strike...
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: weatherman22
2024-05-03, 23:23
» Views: 243
Controller Status Page
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: Bobby_Two_Dogs
2024-05-02, 13:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 318
Some PCB 22.0 detectors f...
Last Post: Egon
2024-05-01, 17:30
» Views: 316
New system - not certain ...
Last Post: cutty
2024-04-26, 16:15
» Replies: 7
» Views: 803
Ground current
Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics
Last Post: mendip_defender
2024-04-26, 16:01
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,366
Buying a blue system
Last Post: gladhyundai
2024-04-25, 03:11
» Replies: 9
» Views: 6,055

Mising parts need mouser parts
Posted by: zendick - 2014-07-17, 03:37 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (5)

capacitor 22nf 223
http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components...ic&FS=True

transistor bc338
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=bc338

any help is much appreciated, the build docs do not have the specs for these parts.

Also a quick question, the solder contact on the bottom of the amplifier board at R27 does not exist, I was able to get a good wick out the top of the joint but I was wondering if this is a problem, should i clean of the resin and solder in a ring or leave it. Didn't notice until bard was nearly complete.

Print this item

Looking for a receiver
Posted by: va3mw - 2014-07-16, 14:36 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi All

We are looking to install some of these in Ontario, Canada, but as there is no hardware available, would anyone care to sell me one that is either still in a kit more or even completed and currently isn't in service or that you don't need anymore?

We would like to get it completed while the summer thunderstorm season is going on.

Many thanks all

Mike

Print this item

Access to Blitzortung
Posted by: mt007 - 2014-07-15, 20:32 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi Toby,
i have my H-field kit and now in assembled process but i need to know if i have config STM32F4DISCOVERY, but for that i need to know what software i have to use and login/pass for Blitzortung?

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Miguel

Print this item

Use data in free mobile app?
Posted by: mraviator - 2014-07-15, 10:35 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (7)

I have a free weather mobile app and would like to know if I can use the lightning data in it without licensing issues. I've found th eCC BY-SA on this page (http://www.lightningmaps.org/about?lang=en) and think I can. Is this correct?

thanks

Print this item

A few questions!
Posted by: wheniwake - 2014-07-14, 19:18 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (14)

Hi, was researching into how to use a raspberry pi for a weather station when I stumbled across this site. This is definitely a project I am interested in and have yet to see a station in Central Scotland! I expect I will see a fair delay before kits are available again, I'm sure I can wait!

I have filled out the email form for further information however have not had a reply (granted it was only 24 hours ago) will I be waiting until after the summer break for a reply?

I have had a look but cannot find a UK sub section or forum , is there one?

Print this item

Nearby Power Lines
Posted by: Steve_Bell - 2014-07-14, 16:00 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (26)

Hi all,

New Forum member here thinking of building a station in Worcester, UK. (There's a nice hole in the grid that needs filling! :-)

HOWEVER... My house is around 100 meters or so from overhead power lines. Have a look at British post code WR5 3TD on Google Earth. ( http://is.gd/GDyHvW )

Look carefully, and you can see the lines and a shadow of the closest pylon alongside the main road to the West of us.

I am wondering if anyone else has any similar situation and what interference they have/have not experienced. I did email Tobias, who responded as follows:

"...we don't know whether it will work. It depends on the current and voltage through the line, your antennas, gain settings and so on. It might work, but only with some lower sensitivity. You can also ask in our forum whether other users have experiences in this."

So, that is what I am doing. Does anyone have any views as to whether this will be a problem or not?

Many thanks, all.
Steve Bell.

(2014-07-14, 16:00)Steve_Bell Wrote: Hi all,

New Forum member here thinking of building a station in Worcester, UK. (There's a nice hole in the grid that needs filling! :-)

HOWEVER... My house is around 100 meters or so from overhead power lines. Have a look at British post code WR5 3TD on Google Earth. ( http://is.gd/GDyHvW )

Look carefully, and you can see the lines and a shadow of the closest pylon alongside the main road to the West of us.

I am wondering if anyone else has any similar situation and what interference they have/have not experienced. I did email Tobias, who responded as follows:

"...we don't know whether it will work. It depends on the current and voltage through the line, your antennas, gain settings and so on. It might work, but only with some lower sensitivity. You can also ask in our forum whether other users have experiences in this."

So, that is what I am doing. Does anyone have any views as to whether this will be a problem or not?

Many thanks, all.
Steve Bell.

Here's a better picture showing the location of my house and the lines.

Print this item

Circuit diagram+parts list for amplifier V5.5
Posted by: UweBergh - 2014-07-12, 22:19 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (5)

Hi, where can I find a circuit description and parts list, so that I can complete the amplifier PCB 5 V5? The online docs do not show the Oldies...
Regards, Uwe

Print this item

Portuguese language
Posted by: MeteoCercal - 2014-07-12, 02:39 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Congratulations for having the Portuguese language added to options for the Blitzortung homepage.

Just a note: When we chose Portuguese language, on the forum tab, the text "Fórum" is missing. It's shows empty.

Print this item

Problem beim Updatevon myblitzortung auf 1.3
Posted by: StoehrMa - 2014-07-10, 07:14 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (2)

Ich habe gerade mein myblitzortung von 1.1 auf die Version 1.3 Upzudaten. per FTP die Dateien raufgeschoben... neu eingestiegen und dann hat er versucht wie immer die Datenbank upzudaten. Dann kam folgende Meldung:

Aktualisiere Version 1.1 -> 1.2

ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `comment` varchar(128) NOT NULL AFTER `country`: Fertig
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` DROP `show_mybo`: Fertig
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` CHANGE `amp_antennas` `amp_antennas` VARCHAR(100): Fertig
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `amp_pcbs` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL AFTER `status`: Fertig

Aktualisiere Version 1.2 -> 1.3

ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` CHANGE `amp_antennas` `amp_antennas` VARCHAR(100): Fertig
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `amp_pcbs` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL AFTER `status`: Fehler

Aktualisierung beendet!
Update-Info: Setze Version auf 1.1

Also nur beim letzten Punkt hat er eine Fehlermeldung gebracht. Hat aber die Version nicht hochgesetzt und somit will er wieder updaten.... auch das hab ich nochmals versucht, jetzt kommt folgende Meldung:

ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `comment` varchar(128) NOT NULL AFTER `country`: Fehler
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` DROP `show_mybo`: Fehler
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `amp_pcbs` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL AFTER `status`: Fehler

Aktualisiere Version 1.2 -> 1.3

Aktualisierung beendet!

Jetzt habe ich fast nur noch Fehlermeldungen!

Hab mir gerade die Datenbank angesehen.... dort scheint aber alles geändert worden zu sein..... nur die Datenbankversion setzt er von 1.1 nicht auf 1.3. Wenn ich die in der Datenbank ändere und dann im Internet Bereich auf myblitzortung was drücke schreibt er mir die Version sofort wieder auf 1.1 zurück.

Ich glaube allerdings dass das Problem am Sprung von 1.1 auf 1.3 liegt.

Er hat beim Datenbankupdate von 1.1 auf 1.2 diese Zeile ausgeführt:
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `amp_pcbs` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL AFTER `status`: Fertig

Danach hat er von 1.2 auf 1.3 die selbe Zeile nochmals ausgeführt und dann mit Fehler bestätigt. Anscheinend weil es ja bereits in der Datenbank geändert wurde. Anscheinend schließt das Installation PHP File allerdings den Vorgang erst ab wenn auch wirklich alles ohne Fehler geändert wurde.

Wenn ich jetzt das ganze nochmals mache kommen natürlich noch mehr "Fehlermeldungen" weil die Datenbank ja schon geändert wurde und er schließt das Update nicht mehr ab, da ja Fehler.

Was kann ich tun? Wie kann ich das beheben?
Danke für deine Hilfe!

lg
Martin

Hab jetzt noch was probiert.... hab aus der datenbank in der tabelle stations die spalte "comment" gelöscht UND eine spalte "stations" angelegt.
Das sind genau die sachen die er im update von 1.1 auf 1.2 laut update.inc.php neu anlegen bzw löschen sollte.

Wenn ich nun bei myblitzortung wieder in den internen bereich wechsle und wie aufgefordert auf "Update durchführen" clicke bekomme ich folgendes ausgeworfen:

ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` ADD `comment` varchar(128) NOT NULL AFTER `country`: Fertig
ALTER TABLE `mybo_stations` DROP `show_mybo`: Fertig

Aktualisierung beendet!

DIE VERSIONS NUMMER WURDE WIEDER NICHT HOCHGESETZT UND SOMIT BEKOMME ICH IM INTERNEN BEREICH WIEDER DIE UPDATEAUFFORDERUNG!

Print this item

spare boards, somewhere
Posted by: Detlef_A - 2014-07-10, 07:06 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

Hi forum,

I discovered blitzortung recently and Im very enthusiastic about the idea. Unfortunately new boards for system Red will be available at the earliest this autumn. I dont want to wait that long, so my question: Are there any spare boards available somewhere? The board layout files alone (it is Eagle, right?!) would also be sufficient, I'd have the boards manufactured somewhere.

THX, hope to join the network soon.
Cheers
Detlef
Berlin/Germany

Print this item