Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Suche System Blue
Forum: Non-English
Last Post: tosunpasha
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 194
I have a question
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: CarolJimenes
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Please put Kosovo with it...
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: Egon
Yesterday, 09:14
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4,051
Station 1613 owner change
Last Post: Egon
Yesterday, 08:40
» Views: 57
How to improve lightning ...
Last Post: AaronMaudlin
2024-03-26, 06:42
» Views: 88
computed lightning data d...
Last Post: theperk
2024-03-25, 07:58
» Views: 76
What are user and factory...
Last Post: cutty
2024-03-22, 14:39
» Views: 185
I wanna host antennas on...
Last Post: cutty
2024-03-18, 11:10
» Replies: 3
» Views: 381
System Blue up
Last Post: Movered
2024-03-18, 04:05
» Views: 672
Buying a blue system
Last Post: savanning
2024-03-18, 03:26
» Replies: 8
» Views: 4,530

User 137
Posted by: SilvioSc - 2014-07-19, 13:05 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (1)

Idea

Ist es möglich eine Station aus den Benutzerdaten zu löschen oder löschen zu lassen, die nicht mehr betrieben wird?

Gruß Silvio

Print this item

Echtzeitdaten
Posted by: Superschlumpf - 2014-07-18, 08:40 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (10)

Hallo zusammen,

gibt es die Möglichkeit an Echtzeitdaten der berechneten Strikes zu kommen. Via TCP oder so?
Interessant sind erstmal die Koordinaten und der Timestamp....

LG Berti

Print this item

Missing Parts - 47 ohm resistors
Posted by: gadjex - 2014-07-18, 00:48 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (11)

I got my red kit in yesterday Smile for the Amplifier 12 Ver 3c and Controller 10 Ver 4 and I used the inventory sheets to inventory the order. I received a few extra parts and I am missing a few parts. I am missing 3 - 47 ohm metal film resistors. I have 3 extra 49.9 ohm metal film resistors and 1 1N4148 Diode. Can I substitute the 49.9 ohm for the 47 ohm? The amp needs 2 and the controller needs 1? I used a Fluke multimeter to check the value of all the resistors and double checked that I am missing the 47 ohm ones.

Edit: Found where the 6 extra 2.2k metal film resistors go. OOPs Big Grin

Print this item

Mising parts need mouser parts
Posted by: zendick - 2014-07-17, 03:37 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (5)

capacitor 22nf 223
http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components...ic&FS=True

transistor bc338
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=bc338

any help is much appreciated, the build docs do not have the specs for these parts.

Also a quick question, the solder contact on the bottom of the amplifier board at R27 does not exist, I was able to get a good wick out the top of the joint but I was wondering if this is a problem, should i clean of the resin and solder in a ring or leave it. Didn't notice until bard was nearly complete.

Print this item

Looking for a receiver
Posted by: va3mw - 2014-07-16, 14:36 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi All

We are looking to install some of these in Ontario, Canada, but as there is no hardware available, would anyone care to sell me one that is either still in a kit more or even completed and currently isn't in service or that you don't need anymore?

We would like to get it completed while the summer thunderstorm season is going on.

Many thanks all

Mike

Print this item

Access to Blitzortung
Posted by: mt007 - 2014-07-15, 20:32 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi Toby,
i have my H-field kit and now in assembled process but i need to know if i have config STM32F4DISCOVERY, but for that i need to know what software i have to use and login/pass for Blitzortung?

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Miguel

Print this item

Use data in free mobile app?
Posted by: mraviator - 2014-07-15, 10:35 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (7)

I have a free weather mobile app and would like to know if I can use the lightning data in it without licensing issues. I've found th eCC BY-SA on this page (http://www.lightningmaps.org/about?lang=en) and think I can. Is this correct?

thanks

Print this item

A few questions!
Posted by: wheniwake - 2014-07-14, 19:18 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (14)

Hi, was researching into how to use a raspberry pi for a weather station when I stumbled across this site. This is definitely a project I am interested in and have yet to see a station in Central Scotland! I expect I will see a fair delay before kits are available again, I'm sure I can wait!

I have filled out the email form for further information however have not had a reply (granted it was only 24 hours ago) will I be waiting until after the summer break for a reply?

I have had a look but cannot find a UK sub section or forum , is there one?

Print this item

Nearby Power Lines
Posted by: Steve_Bell - 2014-07-14, 16:00 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (26)

Hi all,

New Forum member here thinking of building a station in Worcester, UK. (There's a nice hole in the grid that needs filling! :-)

HOWEVER... My house is around 100 meters or so from overhead power lines. Have a look at British post code WR5 3TD on Google Earth. ( http://is.gd/GDyHvW )

Look carefully, and you can see the lines and a shadow of the closest pylon alongside the main road to the West of us.

I am wondering if anyone else has any similar situation and what interference they have/have not experienced. I did email Tobias, who responded as follows:

"...we don't know whether it will work. It depends on the current and voltage through the line, your antennas, gain settings and so on. It might work, but only with some lower sensitivity. You can also ask in our forum whether other users have experiences in this."

So, that is what I am doing. Does anyone have any views as to whether this will be a problem or not?

Many thanks, all.
Steve Bell.

(2014-07-14, 16:00)Steve_Bell Wrote: Hi all,

New Forum member here thinking of building a station in Worcester, UK. (There's a nice hole in the grid that needs filling! :-)

HOWEVER... My house is around 100 meters or so from overhead power lines. Have a look at British post code WR5 3TD on Google Earth. ( http://is.gd/GDyHvW )

Look carefully, and you can see the lines and a shadow of the closest pylon alongside the main road to the West of us.

I am wondering if anyone else has any similar situation and what interference they have/have not experienced. I did email Tobias, who responded as follows:

"...we don't know whether it will work. It depends on the current and voltage through the line, your antennas, gain settings and so on. It might work, but only with some lower sensitivity. You can also ask in our forum whether other users have experiences in this."

So, that is what I am doing. Does anyone have any views as to whether this will be a problem or not?

Many thanks, all.
Steve Bell.

Here's a better picture showing the location of my house and the lines.

Print this item

Circuit diagram+parts list for amplifier V5.5
Posted by: UweBergh - 2014-07-12, 22:19 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (5)

Hi, where can I find a circuit description and parts list, so that I can complete the amplifier PCB 5 V5? The online docs do not show the Oldies...
Regards, Uwe

Print this item