Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Buying a blue system
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: gladhyundai
10 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5,563
Please put Kosovo with it...
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: valdrinshala
Yesterday, 16:17
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4,754
Blue Preamp and Red Contr...
Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics
Last Post: Reiner.vom.Bruch
2024-04-22, 08:22
» Replies: 1
» Views: 276
Suche System Blue
Forum: Non-English
Last Post: malansanni77
2024-04-22, 07:38
» Replies: 2
» Views: 698
station 3021 in https://w...
Last Post: jeanse
2024-04-18, 14:17
» Replies: 0
» Views: 125
Station 3012 in https://w...
Last Post: jeanse
2024-04-16, 08:42
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,713
Lightningmaps.org Pin Mar...
Last Post: vinesweather
2024-04-15, 01:00
» Views: 523
Station 1613 owner change
Last Post: Egon
2024-03-27, 08:40
» Views: 376
computed lightning data d...
Last Post: theperk
2024-03-25, 07:58
» Replies: 0
» Views: 246
What are user and factory...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: cutty
2024-03-22, 14:39
» Views: 514

The FAQ will close
Posted by: mweidig - 2014-08-13, 11:57 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (10)

Hello, is there any action to take the content of the Site www.faq-blitzortung.org to this site, because the Faq will close at September 14? It would be sad if the Content will be lost.

MFG
M.Weidig

Print this item

Could This Technology Be Adapted To Real Time Meteor Detection?
Posted by: Magmatech - 2014-08-13, 07:10 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Just curious... could this technology be adapted to real time meteor detection?
Would there be a way to modify the design to be able to track a meteor, and its
trajectory/path of decent? What a great way to find suspected impacts from those
that survive entry. Also would be a great tool to see in real time the meteors as they
hit the atmosphere and burn up, and pin point location and trajectory just like you are
pin pointing lightning strikes with an array of listening and gps sites.

How it works...
http://www.spaceweather.com/glossary/for...atter.html
http://www.meteorscan.com/meteor-live.html
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/

Actual live feed of meteors entering the atmosphere...
http://topaz.streamguys.tv/~spaceweather/index.html

Let me know..
Thanks Rick

Print this item

First Station in Philippines
Posted by: RPH - 2014-08-11, 17:34 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (12)

Hello dear Blitzortung.org participants and weather enthusiast,

I want to Setup the first Blitzortung.org station in my home country, the Philippines. Should I order the latest Hardware for system red from Egon in Germany or from another source, maybe from the USA? Since I am in Germany most of the time it would be probably faster to get the set in Germany?
I have read that Egon was on vacation until end of july and that new pcb's had to be reordered. What is the easiest and fastest way to get a complete system red kit? Did the new pcb boards arrive already?

Thanx

Ricky

Print this item

Hilferuf an den Admin
Posted by: Dee - 2014-08-11, 17:18 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (13)

Hallo lieber Foren Admin,

mein Foren Account benötigt eine Freischaltung zum Stationsbetreiber.
Ich kann aber derzeit keine E-Mail an den Admin senden, da ich keine Forenrechte dazu besitze, daher mein Hilferuf hier.
Danke im voraus

Dee

Print this item

complete controller kit and GPS module
Posted by: Radecky - 2014-08-11, 08:56 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

We are interesting install blitzortung station in our location. We are a company that provides internet for local peoples, we have a lot of objects constant access to the internet and backup power supply where it is possible to install equipment. If anyone have a complete module to return us or sell it please let us know. Officcial blitzourtung equipment is sold out. Our location is Olesnica near Wroclaw / Poland.

Regards, Radek.

Print this item

Why firmware is not open-source?
Posted by: EugeneF - 2014-08-10, 22:07 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (2)

Why the firmware for the receiving stations is not open source? I think it is not safe. The point is - you suggest us to buy and install at our home some hardware "black box", witch is receiving something broadband from the air, process it by the unknown way, and send it to the internet via closed protocol. And the controller board even have a built-in microphone! How can we be shure, that your device does only what it supposed to do, and does not do anything else in the background? Maybe capturing mobile phone transmissions, maybe police or military radio communications, maybe everything heard by the microphone... Of course most probably it is not true, bat maybe. Just maybe... Especially after all that Snouden revelations and so on... Smile It turns out, it is only a matter of trust, and it is not good.

In such cases, out of respect for your users, usual solution is distributing the open-source software, which anybody who familiar with programming can check and make shure that it is "clean" and work properly. And closed sources arise suspicions, that you have something to hide... Are you? Wink

Print this item

Wrong Position on Lightningmaps
Posted by: Peter.Altschul - 2014-08-10, 16:05 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (1)

Why is the Station-Position on Lightningmaps about 3km wrong? on "blitzortung.org" they are correct, also on my controller. On the lightningmaps, my homestation is shown about 3km in direction 120°.
Peter
see also the station 1090 and 914 in the "lac leman" near Lausanne, certainly not installed in the "lac leman"

Print this item

Costs of contributing as a school project?
Posted by: Martin G7MRV - 2014-08-10, 09:50 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi,

My local school is looking for projects to become involved in for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), as my son is at the school, and I am known to be in the broadcasting industry, I have been asked for interesting and suitable ideas,

I think contributing to this project would be a very exciting and valuable choice for the school, especially as I note that our area (Yorkshire, Northern England) is very poorly covered!

I have enquired about the availability of kits, and am, like many others, awaiting news. But, something I dont know is what are the costs involved? Particularly, how much does the standard, full, kit cost?

Also, does the project have any special support in place for school involvement in the project?

Regards
Martin

Print this item

Posting videos on Facebook
Posted by: MargateSteve - 2014-08-08, 18:04 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (1)

Hi all.

I discovered lightningmaps.org recently and have occasionally posted screen recordings of it on Facebook. Tonight, for the first time, Facebook has rejected the video for copyright infringement.

So my question is, is it ok to post videos taken from lightningmaps or blitzortung. It is just the occasional 15 or so second video when it looks like a storm is heading our way and, to be honest, it has found you a stack of new fans as a dozen or so people at work today were keeping track of it as a result of the video I posted!

I would be grateful if someone could let me know if it is ok to do this?

Regards
Steve

Print this item

woher Hardware bekommen
Posted by: bhubert1978 - 2014-08-07, 15:29 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (4)

hallo liebes Team und Leser,

ich bin hier seit ein paar Tagen ganz fasziniert von dieser tollen Seite und verfolge sie tagtäglich. Nun habe ich mir überlegt, ich würde gerne bei dem Projekt mitmachen, jedoch anscheinend gibt es keine Hardware mehr. Soweit so gut - ich habe auch schon das PDF bzgl. Manual gelesen - aber trotzdem fehlt mir immer noch irgendwie eine Liste was ich brauche und wie ich es zusammenbauen bzw. löten müsste.

Bin ich nur etwas blind oder habe ich was übersehen? Wer kann mir hierbei helfen. Am besten wäre natürlich ein Komplettpaket, aber wenn es sowas nicht gibt, dann baue ich es auch gerne selbst zusammen - das ist kein Problem (bzw. einer meiner Kumpels die das können).

Wer kann mir helfen solange es noch Sommer ist und die Gewittersaison läuft?

Danke, lg bhubert

Print this item