Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
GPS antennea seems to die...
Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics
Last Post: mwaters
2024-08-29, 13:53
» Replies: 16
» Views: 20,876
Any benefit to running a ...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Broms
2024-08-22, 15:44
» Replies: 2
» Views: 376
Lightning rarely shows in...
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: l34rn3d
2024-08-22, 10:57
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,199
Buying a station / kit. A...
Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics
Last Post: gerbold
2024-08-20, 16:36
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,880
station 3021 in https://w...
Last Post: gerbold
2024-08-20, 05:11
» Replies: 1
» Views: 952
I will buy a broken RED o...
Last Post: meteolab
2024-08-17, 10:17
» Replies: 0
» Views: 297
dashed green lines appear...
Last Post: Reverberocket
2024-08-16, 15:21
» Replies: 3
» Views: 439
Not sure if its for me ye...
Last Post: skippyinspace
2024-08-13, 13:54
» Views: 844
Question about web interf...
Last Post: DelandeC
2024-08-10, 08:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 863
LightningMaps.org - Blue ...
Last Post: mendip_defender
2024-08-07, 17:02
» Views: 937

Phoenix, Arizona, a hole in the coverage?
Posted by: jerrya - 2014-07-24, 04:36 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

I'm in the 85032 zip code in the US, and we are in the middle of a summer thunderstorm. It's pretty active and has lasted about 20 minutes now.

And yet, the map during this time shows (just about) nothing in Phoenix, Arizona. It is registering strikes in Canada, Mexico, Louisiana, North Dakota, ....

Earlier today, when there was no lightning here, I did see the map register strikes outside of the city about 30 miles away, and elsewhere in Arizona.

What would cause lightning strikes *not* to be mapped?

Print this item

Lightning strikes heard, but did not appear on map.
Posted by: WØTDH - 2014-07-23, 21:36 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (19)

We heard three/four strikes near us, but no indication of those on map.
( During last two T.S that passed through today )
Intensity of strikes too low or no rcvr site near enough to our location?

Tom - WØTDH

Print this item

Jameco BOM / OSHPark PCB?
Posted by: RussNelson - 2014-07-23, 16:54 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi. I was wondering if anybody had set up a Jameco BOM for the parts for the hardware?
Also, OSHPark is happy to send you three copies of a board, AND you can make the PCB design public, so that anybody can order a (well, three) copy of the board just by visiting a URL.

Print this item

precision of lighting location
Posted by: Andet - 2014-07-23, 15:39 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (3)

Hi
Quick but very important questions :-)
1. Some android maps use blitzortung data to show lighting position even on very big map zoom. I saw which building was hit by lighting.
How precise is lighting locating in reality?
2. At www blitzortung.org we can see growing circles at place of strike. Does the speed of circle growing reflect speed of strike sound spread?
If not, it would be great to implement it. And additionally circle would dissappear at the size where sound fades away. Of course approximately.

Print this item

User 137
Posted by: SilvioSc - 2014-07-19, 13:05 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (1)

Idea

Ist es möglich eine Station aus den Benutzerdaten zu löschen oder löschen zu lassen, die nicht mehr betrieben wird?

Gruß Silvio

Print this item

Echtzeitdaten
Posted by: Superschlumpf - 2014-07-18, 08:40 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (10)

Hallo zusammen,

gibt es die Möglichkeit an Echtzeitdaten der berechneten Strikes zu kommen. Via TCP oder so?
Interessant sind erstmal die Koordinaten und der Timestamp....

LG Berti

Print this item

Missing Parts - 47 ohm resistors
Posted by: gadjex - 2014-07-18, 00:48 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (11)

I got my red kit in yesterday Smile for the Amplifier 12 Ver 3c and Controller 10 Ver 4 and I used the inventory sheets to inventory the order. I received a few extra parts and I am missing a few parts. I am missing 3 - 47 ohm metal film resistors. I have 3 extra 49.9 ohm metal film resistors and 1 1N4148 Diode. Can I substitute the 49.9 ohm for the 47 ohm? The amp needs 2 and the controller needs 1? I used a Fluke multimeter to check the value of all the resistors and double checked that I am missing the 47 ohm ones.

Edit: Found where the 6 extra 2.2k metal film resistors go. OOPs Big Grin

Print this item

Mising parts need mouser parts
Posted by: zendick - 2014-07-17, 03:37 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (5)

capacitor 22nf 223
http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components...ic&FS=True

transistor bc338
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=bc338

any help is much appreciated, the build docs do not have the specs for these parts.

Also a quick question, the solder contact on the bottom of the amplifier board at R27 does not exist, I was able to get a good wick out the top of the joint but I was wondering if this is a problem, should i clean of the resin and solder in a ring or leave it. Didn't notice until bard was nearly complete.

Print this item

Looking for a receiver
Posted by: va3mw - 2014-07-16, 14:36 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi All

We are looking to install some of these in Ontario, Canada, but as there is no hardware available, would anyone care to sell me one that is either still in a kit more or even completed and currently isn't in service or that you don't need anymore?

We would like to get it completed while the summer thunderstorm season is going on.

Many thanks all

Mike

Print this item

Access to Blitzortung
Posted by: mt007 - 2014-07-15, 20:32 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi Toby,
i have my H-field kit and now in assembled process but i need to know if i have config STM32F4DISCOVERY, but for that i need to know what software i have to use and login/pass for Blitzortung?

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Miguel

Print this item